Monday, February 4, 2013

To DIY For

Button Earrings

I wear more button earrings than real ones! They're super easy to make and depending on the size of the button, they can be great statement jewelry. 
Plus, one pair costs about $2 to make. What a deal!

You need:
Hot glue gun
Glue stick (for the gun)
Earring posts & pushes (you can buy them act craft stores, I got these silver-plated ones from Amazon. Click here for the link)
Suit Buttons (ones without holes--they should have the loop on the back. You can use metal or plastic and go crazy with the design!)
Wire-cutter (I don't know why this one looks so scary)

This is what your suit buttons should look like off the packaging

Use the wire cutters to chop off the loop on the back of the buttons. Try to cut as close to the flat part as you can.

Your buttons should have a flat back (I tried)

 With the hot glue gun, glue one post to the flat side of one earring

Make sure to press the post down and I like to move some glue around to ensure the post won't fall off. Even if it does, it's super easy to fix.

Voila! Lovely statement earrings!

The total cost for me was about $2.50. Now I actually wear these so frequently! Highly recommended.

Have fun!
Bisous,
Irene

1 comment:

  1. AWwwww, this is gorgeous and easy to make.
    I might just give it a try:)
    Thanks for sharing
    The Beautiful Eagle's Blog

    ReplyDelete