Tuesday, December 11, 2012

Nailed It.

Checkerboard Nails.

I love this design, and I almost consider it my signature!


What you need (from left to right):
Contrast color polish, top coat, base color polish, base coat, dotter (or a toothpick)

Base coat!! Always!!

Then put on a base color. It is best to use a lighter color, since you will be painting on top.

Make a square as the first checker in your checkerboard.

Fill in that square and create/fill in more squares diagonal to the original. I first start with making squares, but honestly after the second one I just blob some nail polish and shape it like a square.

When you do your other fingers, try to alternate where the blocks are on the nails.

Top coat it for a scintillating shine!

Wear it well, my dears.

Bisous,
Irene

2 comments: